- Home /
- Privacy and Cookies Policy
Privacy and Cookies
Wearunique.com may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
Privacy (UE 2016/679 - “GDPR”)
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Wearunique.com website?
We’ar Unique Srl controls the processing of personal data on its websites. We’ar Unique Srl is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Italy and has its offices at viale Monte Kosica, 111, 41121 Modena, Italy. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we collect?
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, order reference number, payment details and information about your access to our website. We may collect personal data from you when you place an order with us, create a Wearunique account, use our website or when you contact us.
When you make an order, you are asked for your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. Data for the order's payment are handled directly by our partners Paypal and Multisafepay.
To make it easier to manage your orders, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous purchased products and manage future purchasing.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not place an order, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. When you place an order, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your order.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
Why we collect, use and share your personal data?
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can fulfil your order.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
How do we use social media?
We use social media to promote our products and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Wearunique.com website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
We may also enable you to sign in to Wearunique.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How do we share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- Logistic providers:We use logistic providers (such as UPS, TNT, SDA) to process your personal data for the purpose of order delivery;
- Payment providers:We use payment providers (such as PayPal and Multisafepay) to process your personal data for the purpose of facilitating order payments;
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers (such as "data processors") to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
How do we secure your personal data?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet. Data for payments, considering the outsourcing of the service, are not handled directly by Wearunique.com and are not stored in the systems owned by Wearunique.com.
How do we make use of mobile devices?
We use versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile. These mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does.
What are your Data Protection Rights?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access (art. 15 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction (art. 16 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure (art. 17 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing (art. 21 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling (art. 21 Regulation UE n. 2016/679), that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction (art. 18 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer (art. 20 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Lodge a complaint (art. 51 Regulation UE n. 2016/679) to the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please submit a request using the following link
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Cookies (ePrivacy EU Directive 2009/136/EC)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookie and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your orders. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytical cookies to learn if their customers make use of product offers integrated into their websites.
- Commercial cookies: We use third party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the products you have been searching for, the product that you have viewed.
How long do Wearunique.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use
have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is one year
from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your
browser any time you want to. Below are detailed instructions for removing cookies
based on the browser used:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Does Wearunique.com use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes, Wearunique.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. Wearunique.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of the behavioural advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org and www.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member's behavioural advertising program, simply check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Google click here
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Facebook click here
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Twitter click here
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Perfect Audience click here
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Mixpanel, you may want to visit the following link: Mixpanel Analytics Opt-out.
Who has access to Wearunique.com cookie data?
Only Wearunique.com has access to Wearunique.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Does Wearunique.com use web beacons?
As well as using cookies, Wearunique.com sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also places an order; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyze the traffic patterns of users to optimize the services we bring to you.
Last updated, May, 24 2018