- Home /
- Privacy and Cookies Policy
Privacy and Cookies
Wearunique.com may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
Privacy (Italian Legislative Decree 196 of 30.06.2003)
What kind of personal information does Wearunique.com use?
When you make an order, you are asked for your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. Data for the order's payment are handled directly by our partners Paypal and Multisafepay.
To make it easier to manage your orders, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous purchased products and manage future purchasing.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not place an order, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. When you place an order, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your order.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Wearunique.com collect, use and share your personal data?
- Orders: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online order and to comply with all legal requirements and tax administration.
- Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to answer to your requests and to any questions you might have about your order.
- Product reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a product review after your order.
- Account administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your orders, take advantage of special offers, make future orders more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists. It also allows you to see any reviews you have submitted about products you purchased.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you place an order with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news of similar products. With your consent – if consent is required under local law – we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the "Unsubscribe" link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account (if you've created one).
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Wearunique.com website or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email or by phone, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized an order online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your order. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a purchase without having to search for the products details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Wearunique.com.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online services.
How does Wearunique.com use social media?
We use social media to promote our products and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Wearunique.com website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
We may also enable you to sign in to Wearunique.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How does Wearunique.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers (such as "data processors") to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating order payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
How does Wearunique.com make use of mobile devices?
We use versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile. These mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does.
Cookies (ePrivacy EU Directive 2009/136/EC)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookie and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your orders. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytical cookies to learn if their customers make use of product offers integrated into their websites.
- Commercial cookies: We use third party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the products you have been searching for, the product that you have viewed.
How long do Wearunique.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use
have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is one year
from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your
browser any time you want to. Below are detailed instructions for removing cookies
based on the browser used:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Does Wearunique.com use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes, Wearunique.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. Wearunique.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of the behavioural advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org and www.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member's behavioural advertising program, simply check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Google click here
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Facebook click here
If you want more information on the management of Privacy and Cookies by Twitter click here
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Who has access to Wearunique.com cookie data?
Only Wearunique.com has access to Wearunique.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Does Wearunique.com use web beacons?
As well as using cookies, Wearunique.com sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also places an order; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyze the traffic patterns of users to optimize the services we bring to you.
What security procedures does Wearunique.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Data for payments, considering the outsourcing of the service, are not handled directly by Wearunique.com and are not stored in the systems owned by Wearunique.com.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Wearunique.com?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal data from our customer database by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Request for removal of personal information' in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Wearunique.com website?
We’ar Unique Srl controls the processing of personal data on its websites. We’ar Unique Srl is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Italy and has its offices at viale Monte Kosica, 111, 41121 Modena, Italy. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to email@example.com.
Last updated, May 2015